Saturday, June 13, 2009

Injury prone me

Last weekend I once again hurt myself while playing - this is what, third time in a row. Last year i had a hairline fracture on my right arm while playing basketball (fell on my right arm while trying to save the ball cross the foul line (whatever that line is called), then a couple of months ago hurt my back while trying a caught and bold and the last one was last weekend itself.
I misstepped while finishing my bowling action and ended up twisting my ankle. I now have a hairline fracture in my right foot and it is plastered and all. (Damn can't even drive but tried riding my scooter a little while earlier so thats some solace).
The last one on my invitation. Apparently we needed to save some 13 runs in the last two overs and so I went to bowl the second last over. First ball cleared the ropes, I decided to deliver a beamer the next one (which would probably be slower than a shane warne bowl but then your run up to bowl means a lot when you are playing with some irregular players in mid-thirties)...Quite excited and all hmmmm....I was the top scorer and had to remain a hero and we needed this buggers wicket. But well luck had something else in store for me...not only did this one also cleared the ropes, I had to forfeit the over as well which means the opposition still had two overs with them but only 5 runs to score. I rested for the next two deliveries ( ofcourse didn't realise its a fractured bone till monday evening...u see doctors don't sit on sundays and we are no less than any doctor for such small injuries but thats aside ). I came to field again and that too at short forward...bravo me (no, actually i decided to field there because of shade)...well we lost the match in this over itself...would have a good one from my team mates but for my injury and probably for batting earlier and ohh did i mention earlier that i insisted to bowl the second last over when we did have other bowling options.
We play every sunday and well i am going tomorrow again ..may be will bat with a runner (think they will allow me to play) or else will have to umpire...


--------------------
Sent using nokia handheld
so please excuse any spelling errors

No comments: