Sunday, June 14, 2009

Injury prone me (update 3) - wasted weekend

So I told this school time buddy of mine (school basketball team captain, head boy and sportsman of the year twice...) to wake me up at 6 in the morning and that we would go together (to play cricket). I set the alarm anyways. So I get up in the morning (our champ dint call up) and got ready, still waiting for his call. In the meantime, I start getting calls from other people (to make sure we have the numbers to form a team). Our champ's call never came so I decided to call him up myself but he wudn't pick up his phone. By this time I get to know he is not coming and because of my plastered leg, I cant drive myself. So what do I do, go back to sleep but can't find sleep: So do the next best time killer - switch on my computer and log on to facebook. No I am not addicted to fb, in fact dont even log in that frequently but early in the morning cant think of anything else. What a waste.
(But while being on computer I do one good thing take a long overdue back up of my hard disc.)
The stage is also set for a long and boring day (after a similar day earlier) and I know I wont be watching TV or any movie. Dont know why.
So the whole day I keep lying on my bed checking fb occassionaly, calling up friends, taking small naps etc etc.
Damn it can't find sleep also, I mean I loooove sleeping but cant sleep the whole day. Wifey not home and there are better ways to spend the day than snoozing. But for my broken leg.

No comments: