Monday, June 15, 2009

Celebrities and their private lives!!!

Media today ran stories of how Hrithik and his wife, Susanne held each other's hand for a ramp walk putting to rest all speculations about their estranged relationship. HT says the split between that Suman jr. and oohh-so-hot kangana babe is also a part of the same plot. I won't be surprised. Earlier Errrbaaz and even-hotter-than-kangana-Malai arora khan a similar thing to promote some brand. There are many more such examples.
HT said that it was all a publicity stunt to promote the next Hrithik starrer and that all the statements and media appearances around the controversy were scripted.
That was not too difficult to guess, I guess. Making public your private life to get attention is the latest bollywood way to get publicity. Think of it, you don't need to pay all those media to write about you, talk about you and people would be so eager to hear everything about you and talk about you. Quite an ingeneous way and cheap too. Pretty CHEAP actually.
I mean I can probably understand this strategy being used by newbies but people like Hrithik, Malaika. These are successful people with huge fan followings. People hang on to what you say or do. You are public figures and need to behave (when you are in public eyes).
Ofcourse there is SRK argument - when asked that he should not smoke in public, he says something to the effect that he has smoking all through - right from his days of struggle. So why stop now just because I have become successful. These same people have made me star.
This man is too successful to be told anything. He defends dancing in weddings and being paid for it. May be I shouldn't be writing about the Badshah here - he has such a massive and I think loyal fan following that this post would get eclipsed by a discussion on him and lose the main theme.
I think I digress. I come back to pre-SRK part.
The point is if you want public to respect your private life, you need to respect it first.

(and while writing this, I hear on radio that Shiney Ahuja has been accused of rape by his maid. Medical tests of maid seem to have confirmed sex at least. I can't remember any Shiney movie promo, so this one can't be a publicity stunt!!! In fact now I am thinking if it being a publicity stunt is better than it being turning out to be true. Disgusting stuff.

No comments: